Chairman's Coronavirus Update - 20 July
Posted 19th July 2020
Chairman's Coronavirus Update - 20 July
Following further revised guidelines from the LTA, we have reviewed the way that the club will work going forward and have detailed below the changes that have been made, as well as reminding members of the guidelines which remain in place.
The court booking system is now up and running again.
WHAT IS NEW
- The courts will be open from 07.00 until 22.00
- The hut will be open – only ONE person in the hut at a time
- The club will be providing tennis balls but members may still use their own if they prefer
- The floodlights will be in use again
- Changeover slots have been removed
- Booking slots will revert to 30 minutes
- The pavilion will be open for toilet facilities only – one person at a time in the pavilion
- Club session will resume from Saturday 25 July but players will need to register via Clubspark so we meet contact tracing requirements and to control numbers to avoid unsafe gatherings. We will issue further guidance when booking for this opens in the next couple of days.
WHAT STAYS THE SAME
- Courts MUST be booked – members are not able to turn up hoping a court will be available
- Members are able to book a maximum of 90 minutes per booking
- Members are able to make a maximum of FOUR bookings in any seven day period
- Courts may be booked up to ONE week in advance
- PLEASE, PLEASE cancel your booking if you are not able to play. The notes at the bottom of the booking sheet explain how to do this.
- VERY IMPORTANT: Only PAID UP CLUB MEMBERS are allowed to play. There is only one exception. Non-member parents of Colts who are members are permitted to play but ONLY with their Colt-member child (who by definition should be of primary school age) and on the HARD courts. Juniors (who typically will be at secondary school) MUST play with other club members. Several club members have been seen playing with non-members. It is the responsibility of club members to collect a visitor fee from all non-members they bring to the club each and every time they play. It is not fair to the paying membership if they do not. And we will now be chasing this more rigorously than of late.
BEFORE YOU START PLAYING
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds before leaving home (or use an alcohol gel if washing hands is not possible)
- Ensure you have booked a court - see above
- Remember to carry your access fob when you leave home - you will need it as the gates are being kept closed except during peak coaching times and when the bar is open
- Take hand sanitizer with you, please
- Only take the minimum amount of equipment with you that you need to play
- Arrive as close as possible to the time of your booking - walk from the car park via the front of the clubhouse, around the marker poles and after playing please return to the car park via the rear driveway
- Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles before and after use
- Please leave the court a few minutes before the end of your allotted time so that it is empty for the next players – we no longer have 15 minute changeover slots
- Ensure you take all your belongings with you at the end of the session and do not leave anything on court
- Avoid congregating on or around the court after playing to allow safe access for others
- Stay at least two metres away from other players (including during play, if you change ends as well as before and after play)
- Do not make physical contact with other players (such as shaking hands or high five)
- Avoid chasing the ball down to another court if other players are using it
To reduce the contact on common surfaces we ask that players do not try to alter the height of the net - it should already be at the correct height.
If you are the last player to leave the courts, please ensure that all the courts, hut and pavilion are locked.
Enjoy tennis. But please STAY ALERT!