OLD WILSONIANS’ LAWN TENNIS CLUB TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- This agreement commences once the member has read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions set out below and once payment has been received.
- The Old Wilsonians’ Lawn Tennis Club (OWLTC) tennis year commences on 1 April and ends on 31 March. Membership starts on the day payment is received and will end on the subsequent 31 March at which time renewal will be requested. Membership cannot be cancelled by the member during this period.
- Membership is not transferable. Any misuse of membership will result in the membership being cancelled by OWLTC.
- The Committee of OWLTC reserve the right to cancel any membership in breach of rules or conduct which in the view of the Committee is offensive to members or represents a health and safety danger.
- Membership entitles a member to full use of the club facilities associated with the type of membership they have undertaken.
- Members agree to comply with the club’s Code of Conduct, which can be viewed on the club’s website https://www.oldwilsonians.com/tennis/membership
- The club takes no responsibility for unsupervised juniors outside of normal coaching or club playing sessions.
FEES AND CHARGES
- Membership fees shall be fixed by OWLTC, any changes having been agreed at the Club AGM. All memberships are for a 12-month period and are non-refundable. Renewal fees are due for payment on or before 1 April each year.
- Some membership categories offer the option to pay in six monthly instalments by Direct Debit using the GoCardless system. For renewals, the first instalment must be paid on or before 1 April. If a member using the Direct Debit instalment option fails to make an agreed Direct Debit payment, this will be investigated and if payment is not forthcoming promptly, membership may be terminated.
Members are welcome to bring guests to OWLTC. A fee of £5 per adult per session and £1.00 per junior per session is payable on the day. The visitors’ book in the ball cupboard in the club hut must be completed and the money placed in the tin.
Each guest may play a maximum of SIX times in a 12-month period and they will then be required to join. Any visitors’ fees paid will be deducted from the membership fee at the time of joining.
Guests must be accompanied by a member at all times.
MEMBERSHIP CREDIT FOLLOWING INJURY
If a member is injured and unable to play for at least three months, please inform the Membership Secretary (firstname.lastname@example.org) of the date the injury occurred and membership will be frozen until such time as the member is able to return. OWLTC does not refund membership fees but will offer time credit added to the following year’s membership. Please note that if the membership fee is being paid in instalments, payments must continue until the total fee is paid, despite the membership being frozen.
FACILITIES AND SERVICES
We reserve the right to close the club or areas of the club from time to time at our discretion, for example during maintenance, repairs, refurbishment, cleaning, etc.
Only the advertised coaching provider has authorisation to deliver coaching services to club members. Any member wishing to use the courts for other coaching activity (paid or voluntary and including but not limited to coaching, hitting, mentoring, basket feeding or ball machine use), either providing or receiving coaching, must seek permission from the club Committee in advance. Any member found to be in breach of this rule may have their membership revoked.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- Members are responsible for their personal belongings at all times whilst using the Club’s facilities. OWLTC, our agents or sub-contractors will not be liable to you for any loss, damage or theft of any property brought onto our premises.
- You are responsible for ensuring that you correctly operate or use any facilities and/or equipment which we provide. If you are in any doubt about how to operate any equipment correctly, please consult one of the members of the Committee.
- We do not accept responsibility for any harm or injury to you while you are using the club and its facilities unless caused by our agents, sub-contractors or our negligent act or omission.
- Tennis coaches operate in our club on a self-employed or volunteer basis. Any service they provide to you constitutes a contract between the coach and you, not OWLTC. OWLTC accepts no responsibility for breach of contract or negligence caused by a tennis coach.